Rolwaling valley trek is known as one of the most challenging and thrilling trek routes in Nepal. It is located in Gaurishankar Conservation Area (GCA) sandwiched between Langtang National Park and Sagarmatha National Park. This valley is known as the grave because of its location as it is buried down between steep ice-giants. It was also known that Yeti lived there. There are more stories about this valley which remains mysterious to date. Thus, you might be exploring some of the mysteries if you trek there. Trekkers or tourists don’t visit Rolwaling valley or we can also say that it is comparatively less visited than any other trekking routes because of the difficulty they face.
The Sherpa village of Beding has the largest settlement in Rolwaling valley. You will be blessed to see the magnificent view of Mt Gauri Shankar along with Mt. Langtang and Mt. Everest as well. Well, not only the natural beauties that are highlights of this trek but the people with their diversified ethnicities live together adds to the beauty of Rolwaling valley trek. This valley lies Northeast of Kathmandu valley, close to Tibet border and between Tama Koshi River and Khambu river. The trail leads you through high passes, dense forests, clean waterfalls, monasteries, and landscapes.
Rolwaling valley trek is for those looking for a solitary trek among pristine nature and eager to expose themselves to the rich culture of the Himalayan foothills. Rolwaling trek starts from Dolakha, a small town near Charikot, an eight-hour drive away from Kathmandu. The trail that crosses River Tamakoshi ‘s path on its way to Simigaon adds to the trek further thrill. The Glacial Lake Tsho Rolpa gives an unforgettable experience on this trek.
- Off the beaten track adventure
- Captivates both sights of Mt. Langtang and Mt. Everest.
- Rewarded with an enchanting view of Mt. Gauri Shankar.
- Natural as well as the cultural beauty of Nepal
- Encounter with diversified local lifestyle
- Gloomy primeval forest and over the bridge of wonderful views
- Largest glacier lake of Nepal i.e. Tso Rolpa Lake
- Trekking trail filled with rural settlements, exciting landscapes, and several monasteries
- Reflecting the values of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Famous for its ancient stories passed down from one generation to another.
- A glimpse of a cultural program with special authentic Nepali dinner.