Trek to Everest via Hillary Route is the dream destination for every trekker. There are two routes to reach the base camp; one begins from Lukla and the other begins from Jiri. The trek from Jiri to Everest Base Camp is one of the adventurous and thrilling trekking routes. Mostly this route is chosen by the experience and adventure-loving trekkers. This trekking route is also famous as a classic route to Everest. Jiri itself is a highlight of the journey as Jiri is said to be Switzerland of Nepal.
The main highlights of this trek are; Monasteries, mountain views, alpine and rhododendron forests, mountain villages, rivers, and the locals. This trek is mainly referable to physically fit people. You will have an amazing view from the viewpoint of Kalapattar. This route from Jiri is longer than the route from Lukla. Since the itinerary is long, we can enjoy the mountains a little longer with steady acclimatization. You will be viewing beautiful mountain ranges throughout the journey. This trekking route was used by Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Edmund Hillary in their Mt. Everest expedition in 1953.
This trek will immerse you in the authentic Nepalese experience. Along with Mt. Everest you will get to view many other mountain ranges. During the journey, you will also get to see many rare bird species and animals. Along with enjoying nature, one will also be experiencing a variety of Nepalese traditions and lifestyles.
Mainly you will find the people of Sherpa community on the way to base camp. Once you begin walking from Jiri you will be overwhelmed by nature’s beauty and local ethnicity. This trek will give you a remarkable experience to note in your trekking diary.
- Trek to Everest via Hillary Route
- Pass through apple garden.
- Path following rivers like Sunkoshi and Dudh Koshi river.
- Visit the Everest photo gallery and Sherpa Culture Museum.
- Visit the Tengboche Monastery which is surrounded by many mountains including Everest.
- View Khumbu glacier and icefall.
- Breath-taking views of mountain ranges.
- Routes full of rhododendron forests.
- Explore the local’s lifestyles.
- Paths made of mani stones.
- Visit of ancient monasteries and Gompas
- Taste the Local organic Sherpa foods
- Trek from low altitude to High Altitude to Everest